|Composer||David Frederick Golightly|
Arcadian Murmurs, subtitled Pan in Pieces is the first volume of Nina Assimakopoulos' eclectic collection of unaccompanied works for flute.
Alongside well-known works by Debussy and Poulenc are many contemporary offerings by composers such as Ary van Leeuwen, Roger Bourdin and David F Golightly - a truly international collection of living composers.
1. Syrinx, Claude Debussy
2. The Extatic Shepherd,Cyril Scott
3. Pan's Lament, Ary Van Leeuwen
4.Un Jouer de Flute BERCE LES RUINES, Francis Poulenc.
5. Hymn of Pan,Charles O Delaney
6. Chanson de Pan, Roger Bourdin.
7. Pan Blesse, Roger Bourdin
8. The Wood Nymph of Nonacris, Benjamin Boone
9. Syrinx, Too Mark Hijleh
10. Flute Flight, Binnette Lipper.
11. Pan's Pastoral for a Shepherd,Margarita Zelenaia
12. Pan(ic), Gene Pritsker
13. Amphitrite Nymph of the Sea, David F Golightly
14. Euphrosyne Grace of Mirth, David F Golightly
15.Maia Daughter of Atlas, David F Golightly
16. Le Reve de Pan, Pierre Thilloy
17.Woodland Sounds, Dave Sluberski
David Golightly's Three Pan Love Songs are also beautifully written, although they may be more complex, technically speaking, but nonetheless very attractive. This short triptych is not unlike Golightly's much earlier, quite substantial work for solo clarinet Moods (1980), available on ASC CS CD2. Incidentally, at about 6 minutes, this is the longest work here.
"A superb musician who plays with musical understanding, brilliant technique, and great intellect." - Luba Edlina, pianist Borodin Trio
"A mature and brilliant artist who has a sovereign and superior command of her instrument." - Paul Meisen, Germany
“Your comments about Kapustin are entirely accurate! I'm certain to be ordering much of it in the near future.” Ben, Lincoln, USA
“Thank you for the information and support. The order arrived today without any problems.” Denis, Sao Paolo, Brazil